Thursday, July 3, 2008

Writing Prompt

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562

I am not sure if this will come through.. ie., if you will be able to click on the link, but I think this would be an awesome writing prompt. View video, about 6 minutes. Be prepared for a slight sense of virtigo...
How far would you be willing to go to get where you wanted to be?
What are the limitations to how far we will push ourselves to reach our goals?
How does a person overcome fears to reach a goal?
How do you know when the roads you have traveled have led you to the outcome(s) you hoped to achieve?

Perhaps a little much for some kids, but my 6th and 7th graders generated some really great discussions from this!
Enjoy!
~k

2 comments:

Ms. McCutcheon said...

Thanks for the link. Pretty crazy. I think kids would definitely get a kick out of it.

Sharla said...

Geez! I wonder how they built that walkway in the first place. I like it too. Thanks Kelly.