Monday, July 14, 2008

Mysteries

Henry's Demon (oh, I mean Demo) got me thinking... I wish there were some good low-level mystery books out there for the kids--I'm not sure the A to Z mysteries fit the bill. I have a couple of 5-minute and 2-minute mystery books/compilations in class, but the kids aren’t very excited about them. I am not sure if it is an attention span issue or if they simply can’t relate to some of the situations for the mysteries, but the kids don’t seem to like them much. I thought they would because they challellenge both inferences and assumptions, wrong assumption on my part. Anyway, this might be a fun book to create by local authors that kids in this area could get into. Know any author groups that might be interested? Or, does anyone know of any quick mysteries that are engaging--for middle school students?
Just a thought.
k

No comments: